Introduction to CSharp Programming Language 1.0Free
“Introduction to C# Programming Language”, created by Rich Tebb from Content Master Ltd Company and available at the MSDN web site (Microsoft Developer Network), is an easy and fun way to get started with C# language. Basically, this introductory lesson is a combination of written text and video, and covers the initial concepts about developing applications on C#. The approach of the lesson is to present computer programming as a fun activity, in which you can find satisfaction.
You can either take this lesson on-line from the MSDN web page, or you can download it to your computer, so you don’t need to be connected during your study time.
When you download and install this lesson, one new folder and one new subfolder will be created. The main folder, named “Introduction to CSharp Programming Language” will be created with the following three files:
1. “Introduction to CSharp.wmv”, a 23 minute Windows Media Video file containing the lesson in video format;
2. “Introduction to CSharp.doc”, a 26-page Microsoft Word document with the written lesson;
3. “EULA.ftr”, a Rich Text Format document containing license information;
The subfolder named “My First Application CSharp”, will contain some auxiliary files needed to execute the practice proposed by the lesson.
You will find four lessons within the document:
1. Lesson 1: Your First ‘Hello World’ Program: initiation program to write a message on the screen.
2. Lesson 2: Using Methods and Variables.
3. Lesson 3: Controlling Program Flow: to learn how to control the sequence of tasks performed by the program.
4. Lesson 4: Creating Your Own Classes: to learn how to work with this type of code containers.
The text is accompanied by images showing the programming process and written code. This lesson is the best way to begin studying C# language, and also the less time consuming one. After taking this lesson, you can go on and take the “Absolute Beginner’s Series C# Series” course, a collection of fifteen lessons available also at MSDN. The course provides a deeper introduction to C# language, and is oriented to people interested in designing and building Windows based applications. If you’re reading this, it’s pretty sure that you’re one of those people.
Back to the lesson description, we should mention that it is available for free for anyone who’s eager to learn but there is one prerequisite: Visual C# 2005 Express Edition, another lesson available at MSDN web page. Besides, this lesson assumes that you have basic knowledge about using a computer, such as starting a program and browse your computer with Windows Explorer.
- The lesson includes exercises
- The lesson on video is very helpful, you can see what the instructor is explaining
- The lesson is available on-line and for downloading
- The lesson is available only in English
- The lesson’s file is large to download
- The written document doesn’t have a table of contents